- This event has passed.
31st Annual World Championship Quartz Crystal Dig
October 12, 2018 - October 13, 2018$100
Join the Dig!
- Entrants may dig at their choice of two participating mines, Twin Creek Crystal Mine, and Sweet Surrender Crystal Mine.
- Participants get to keep all the crystals they find and submit their best point and cluster each day to compete for crystal adorned award plaques and $2250 in prize money.
- Awards are presented during a banquet held Saturday evening at 6:00 pm.
- Registration is open until 7:00 am on October 12.
- Entry Fee of $100 covers both days of digging and the participant’s meal at the awards banquet. Register early and save! Early bird discount is 25% off when you register by August 1, 2018. No refunds will be issued after October 1, 2018. Same day registration is $110 if space is available.
Awards & Prizes
- 1st Prize $250
- 2nd Prize $200
- 3rd Prize $150
- 4th Prize $100
- 5th Prize $50
Awards and prizes are presented during the Awards Banquet on Saturday evening. Each digger receives one complimentary meal ticket to the banquet. Additional meal tickets may be purchased for $15 each at the start of the banquet. Please indicate on your entry form if you prefer a vegetarian meal.
Friday, October 12 at 7:00 am: Meet at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds (248 Fairgrounds Rd., Mount Ida, AR 71957 – see map below). Coffee and donuts are provided while you go through orientation and receive your mine passes and number assignments. All diggers must check in at the fairgrounds before proceeding to the mines. Digging begins at 8:00 am and ends at 3:00 pm.
Saturday, October 13 at 7:30 am: Meet at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds again for mine passes, dig announcements and door prize drawings before proceeding to the mines. Digging begins at 8:00 am and ends at 3:00 pm.
- Saturday Evening at 6:00 pm: Awards Banquet
- 7:00 pm Awards Presentation (at the banquet)
- Crystal submissions may be recovered from the stage after the banquet and awards, usually around 8:00 pm.
A limited number of RV spaces and Tent camping spaces are available at the fairgrounds, provided by the Montgomery County fair board. $15/night with electricity, $8/night without. Spaces are limited, prepayment is required for reservations. Please indicate on your entry form if you wish to camp at the fairgrounds.
Pre-order and save! Event T-shirts may be pre-ordered for $10 each. Include payment along with your registration. T-shirts at the event are $15.